THE place to find the best remixes, extended versions and some of my own mixes of yesterday & today.
The contents of this blog are free and for promotional use only. Please support the artists by purchasing
their music, merchandise, and/or attending their concerts. In order to listen to or download any of the
music, check what Label I give it and visit that page, located below this description.
Thursday, May 17, 2012
Robert Preston - Chicken Fat
Starting with today's post, all downloads will be available on Sendspace. I will be re-uploading the past posts as well either upon request or when I get a chance.
This record was made circa 1962. It was commissioned by President John F. Kennedy for the newly formed President's Council On Physical Fitness. A copy was sent to every school in the United States to be played over the intercom so students could do calisthenics to it.
Note: There are two different versions of this song. The "Disc Jockey Version" (2:12) and the "School Version" (6:30). The first is not merely an edit of the second, but actually a somewhat different recording. The lyrics are basically the same, besides that there are less of them, and the sound is the same.
With the fact that this song was played repeatedly for years in the schools, it was hard to find a copy of it that wasn't all scratched or skipped alot. I found one with a lot of record pops in it and cleaned it up as much as I could. The Disc Jockey Version is clean as can be because I found that one on a Novelty CD a few years ago.
School Version (6:31)
Disc Jockey Version (2:12)
Labels:
Robert Preston
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment