Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Disney - Mousercise


An out of print album I still own in my vinyl collection. this is the original Mousercise album from 1982. Not the 2005 edition. A television series inspired by the above album debuted on the Disney Channel in 1983. The series, one of the channel's first, featured Kellyn Plasschaert, along with Mickey Mouse and other Disney characters. It continued to run until the channel's relaunch.

The original Mousercise was actually about giving children easy movements to do. It was like kids jazzercize and they loved it. Disney took Mickey and the gang and added some easy exercises. The gang even instructed you how to do the exercises in some of the songs. Or, you could follow along in the booklet that came with the record.

The 2005 one is more like regular Disney songs put to club music. They should have just re-released the originals. It has club mixes of two of the songs from the first mousercise album (I Wanna be like you, Ducks Dance too), and a few new songs.

There are no instructions on the new album as there was with this one. There is a poster of a few exercises you can do, but they don't go with any of the songs.

This album is hard to find unless you want to spend $125 on Amazon to get it. I've ripped my vinyl album and uploaded them here. Enjoy! Sorry, but I can't post the booklet. You'll have to do without.

1. Mousercise Medley
2. Bug-A-Boo
3. I Wanna be Like You II
4. Get The Money (Uncle Scrooge's Money)
5. Ducks Dance, Too
6. Pig Out
7. Step In Time
8. Tweedledee And Tweedledum
9. Keep On Tryin'

1 comment:

Jim said...

As I have a *damaged* vinyl copy of this, I was hoping to download the album from here. I see no download link; your original site (wordpress), and if you need to have a WORDPRESS account to reveal the link, you have to set-up a paid account to have one.

Help restore my childhood??

Contact me at jim code 3 at aol dot com.

Thank you.

Support This Blog