Thursday, August 25, 2011

Metallica And Kid Rock - Sad But True American Badass (A PatC Exclusive)


An exclusive to this blog. My own creation!

"Sad But True" is a heavy metal song recorded by Metallica for their fifth studio album, Metallica. The song was released as the album's fifth single in mid-1992.

"American Bad Ass" is a heavy metal song from American musician Kid Rock, released from his 2000 album The History of Rock. "American Bad Ass" uses the instrumental structure of Metallica's "Sad But True" The song was a victory lap for Devil Without A Cause's success. He also gave nods to his musical heroes including: AC/DC, ZZ Top, Hank Williams, Jr., Beastie Boys, Run-DMC, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Bob Seger, Limp Bizkit, Korn, The Rolling Stones, David Allan Coe, George Jones, Johnny Cash, The Clash, and Grandmaster Flash.

I thought since the two sound so much alike, why not put them together into one song. Here's the result. Metallica & Kid Rock fight it out for equal time in "Sad But True American Badass".

Again, this was on my old blog. I HAVE found a shorter 9 minute edited version of this someone did on the file sharing sites that sounds like crap. They took off the intro, added in the middle portion of Badass that I left out for this mix and totally botched it up. If you have that one, here now is the full version and in my opinion, the best mix I've ever done!

Sad But True American Badass (10:18)

No comments:

Support This Blog