THE place to find the best remixes, extended versions and some of my own mixes of yesterday & today.
The contents of this blog are free and for promotional use only. Please support the artists by purchasing
their music, merchandise, and/or attending their concerts. In order to listen to or download any of the
music, check what Label I give it and visit that page, located below this description.
Monday, August 22, 2011
Martika - Love... Thy Will Be Done (PatC's Love Mix)
After alot of Email feedback on the last Martika single, I've decided to fulfill one person's request and tackle this one as a follow-up.
"Love... Thy Will Be Done" was the first single released from Martika's second album, Martika's Kitchen. The single, written and produced by Prince, reached the top ten of the pop charts in the U.S., UK, France and Australia. The single was released on July 25, 1991.
This song introduced Martika to a more adult contemporary sound than her previous efforts. The song is particularly remarkable for its constant backline, played by the drums and the bass, without any variation throughout the song, neither as far as rhythm or intensity are concerned, independently of other effects in the song (climax, forte, piano, backing vocals, etc.). Similarly, the melody insists particularly on monochord lines and repeats the "love thy will be done" notes as a leitmotiv. The distinctive black-and-white music video was directed by Michael Haussman.
Prince has performed this song during his tours in the later 1990s. Prince also used a sample of this song for his cover of "One of Us" on his triple album Emancipation.
Just like the last mix, there wasn't much to work with but the album version and the Prince Mix. I DID find a cool sounding Karaoke Instrumental, but no matter what I tried, it just didn't sound right where I wanted to place it within the mix.
PatC's Love Mix (7:02)
Labels:
Martika
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
thanks a lot for your work! Will wait more remixes of Martika!
There may be one more coming. I've got a couple versions of I Feel The Earth Move. I'll try to get that up for next week.
Post a Comment